New musicality video:
Improvisation on bass can go far beyond a simple turnaround fill or technique-heavy solo. This month Steve Lawson introduces an easy and practical way to get started, as well as some insightful tips on the mindset you should take to exploring improv on bass.
* How to approach improvisation
* How to gradually develop your improv skills
* Thinking in terms of a grid of notes, not just a linear sequence
* Two starting exercises and other interesting ways to explore this pattern
* MP3 tracks demonstrating two styles and providing backing tracks for you to experiment with
With these specific exercises (and the large number of interesting musical variations Steve introduces to expand on them), combined with the overall approach he teaches, you will be well equipped to begin creating your own licks and lines and start taking real ownership of what you play on bass.
Interested in getting access to these resources and much more, with an Instrument Pack membership? Just choose that option during checkout when you join Musical U, or upgrade your existing membership to get instant access!
Learn more about Musical U!
Tone Deaf Test:
Tweets by MusicalU
Subscribe for more videos from Musical U!