New musicality video:
It’s nothing short of amazing what a working aural and practical knowledge of just four chords – the I, IV, V, and vi chords – can do in terms of you being able to play many thousands of songs by ear. https://www.musical-u.com/learn/iv-v-vi-chord-progressions-harmonizing-resource-pack-preview/
Steve Lawson, our Resident Pro for bass, helps you make that ear-to-instrument connection:
– Why these four chords are important – especially in pop music.
– What we can do to help us recognize the I, IV, V and vi.
– How to recognize the movement between the chords.
– How to come up with basslines that connect them in interesting ways.
– Six exercises to sensitize your ear to the harmonic shifts between pairs of chords, then all six chords.
– Scores for suggested basslines for all the exercises.
– Six MP3 tracks in various styles for practicing the given basslines and inventing your own.
Learn more about Musical U Resident Pro Steve Lawson: http://stevelawson.net/
Tweets by solobasssteve
→ Learn more about Instrument Packs with Resident Pros including Steve:
Learn more about Musical U!
Tone Deaf Test: http://tonedeaftest.com/
Musicality Checklist: https://www.musical-u.com/mcl-musicality-checklist
Subscribe for more videos from Musical U!